Friday, November 2, 2012

Little Boxes



I talked to my uncle yesterday, he told me that what I was living was close to the definition he has of happiness.
I've met my psychologist some weeks ago and she told me that she was really proud of the path I took and that I was looking so happy.
Both aren't wrong.

I am super happy.

Today on chat, I've met two guys from Algeria. Both were telling me that people in Canada have it better.

That got me thinking.

People just check the shell of things. If it's cute and all dressed up, they find it pretty ... it must be perfect. They never check what's behind.

It's bit like the song ... you know Little Boxes?

People want that. But do they know what's at stake?

Work, slavery.
Slavery to a system that would take all you have until nothing's left, or until you crack, like I did.

You want things, you want more. You want things that will fill the hole there's in your soul. The thing must be bigger and bigger. Will that fill the hole? No, it won't.

"but you guys have progress" I've heard from the guy from Algeria.

Which progress?

If progressing is becoming part of a corporate world when all that matters is what you have but not what you are is progress, please bring us to the Bronze age.

I don't call it progress. I would call it regression.

People are not able to make anymore. They just consume. We are losing precious knowledge. We have to go back to a time where people were more independant.

Yeah but what about leisure? Plenty. When I go outside take care of my animals it's a time of fun, not a duty. I do that with my husband and that way we spend time together. We are top shape 'cause we work outside and we work a lot. It's not even tiring. It's rewarding.

So people of Algeria, and other country where the monster of capitalism hasn't ruined it all yet ... you guys are lucky, it's still time to turn back time.







No comments:

Post a Comment